Hotel Management or Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management is an undergraduate Management course. The hotel management course provides in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire the required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of food production, food and beverage service, catering, front office operation and housekeeping. Apart from these, it also imparts substantial managerial training in the areas of sales and marketing, financial management, human resource management, hotel and catering law, property management, and entrepreneurship development. The duration of the course is four years and it job providing in nature as it opens many scopes after its passing.
Hotel Management Eligibility
The minimum qualification for admission is the completion of 10+2. Those appearing in 10+2 final or equivalent examination can also appear in the entrance test for being considered on the provisional basis.
Hotel Management Syllabus
Syllabus of Hotel Management as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
Hotel Management Colleges
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University - GGSIPU, Delhi
- Subhas Bose Institute of Hotel Management - SBIHM, Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management - IHTM, Pune
- Institute of Hotel Management - IIH-A, Aurangabad
Hotel Management Course Suitability
- They should have a good organizational background, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong commitment and self-discipline.
- One must be co-operative, polite and respectful to the guests, have patience to deal guest criticism even when you know you are right, willing to work hard even at odd hours and yet be cheerful.
- Those who want to go for further higher studies also are good match for the course.
- They should be analytical, have critical and problem-solving skills, have research skills, able to evaluate and present arguments and data.
How is Hotel Management Course Beneficial?
- The growth of tourism in India has led to the growth of hotel industry and today, the hotel industry provides a promising career to youth. Being a service industry, the motive of the hotel management lies in providing the best services to its customers.
- They can also go for jobs in Airlines catering and cabin services.
- In hotels they have a lot of jobs such as operations, front office, housekeeping, food and beverages, accounting, sales and security.
- The Bachelor’s Degree course teaches students capabilities like negotiation and teamwork skills, which is developed through working both independently and on group projects; leadership and delegation skills, gained through group work.
Hotel Management Job Types
- Catering Supervisor’s Assistant
- Hospitality Executive
- Cabin Crew
- Faculty Teacher
- Catering Officer
- Marketing/Sales Executive
- Customer Service Executive
Hotel Management Employment Areas
- Cruise Lines & Ships
- Banking/Insurance (Customer Service Executives)
- Food Craft Institutes
- Hotel & Multinational Companies
- Colleges & Universities
- Tourism Development Corporations